The summer brings out the bugs, unfortunately. Your home can be susceptible to wood-eating insects in the summer months, and it’s very important to be vigilant under these circumstances. A home inspection for wood-eating insects is crucial if you don’t want these pests to destroy the foundation of your home.
Here are some ways to prevent wood-eating insects in your home:
- Repair leaking faucets, water pipes, and ac units inside and outside of the home
- Repair rotted roof shingles and gutters
- Make sure water is directed away from your home by functioning downspouts, gutters, splash blocks
- Check for needed repairs in the basement foundation and windows
- Remove tree stumps or dead trees in the yard
- Store firewood away from the house
These are essential steps in order to prevent wood-eating insects from infesting your home and the yard. If you don’t check for signs, these insects can cause major problems with disease and home repairs down the road. You never want to be in that position when owning a home.
How to Look for Signs when I don’t know?
If you don’t understand certain signs, your best bet is to get in touch with a home inspection team like Center Grove Real Estate Inspections. We will come to your home and determine the problems you have, and we will give you solutions in how to solve them. Our full-service team will do a thorough search throughout your home to determine if you have been infested by wood-eating insects. Our job is to make sure your home is safe, and having a regular inspection done can save you time and money down the road.
If you’re not sure about problems with your home, contact Center Grove Real Estate Inspections at 317-313-5362 today or visit us online for more information!